I started this blog as an outlet for my musings, insights and irritations. Using the old adage that you should be willing to see everything you write on the front page of the New York Times, I am usually circumspect about how I present my opinions.
This blog is linked on my business website so I have slowly reduced my political rants so as not to alienate any potential clients.
Given that I have woken to the disturbing development of a Trump presidency I have decided to make a few things clear.
I am an extremely progressive liberal person. I believe in protecting the constitution and all the rights it affords American citizens.
- I support free, nonjudgemental access to abortion.
- I support equal rights, safety and marriage equality for LGBT people.
- I support and believe in safety net programs for healthcare, food, shelter and retirement for our vulnerable citizens.
- I support free speech and a free press.
- I support worker protections like EEO/AA, workers comp, unions, and all other anti-discrimination laws.
- I believe that sexism, racism, xenophobia, and other biases, institutional, cultural or implicit, need to be defeated through education.
- I believe you should pay your taxes to support the collective good like schools, infrastructure, police & fire services, and trash removal.
- I could go on but you get the idea.
Now. If you believe that my beliefs are incompatible with yours please do not hire me to consult or coach for you. I am perfectly capable of – and indeed enjoy – working with people whose opinions differ from mine but I am not willing to pretend that my beliefs are something they are not.
I work actively to make the world a better place according to my values and I hope you do to. Maybe we can do it together.